5 Freedom Priorities in 2023
FARM STEW Uganda
To successfully shape change, we continually work on the following projects.
“For you were called to freedom, brothers and sisters; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” - Galatians 5:13-14
Our Purpose: Share God's powerful recipe for abundant life!!
Priority 1: Freedom from Dependency
Freedom From Dependency: empowers families to be self-sufficient by teaching classes that emphasize Farming, Attitudes, Rest, Meals and Temperance.
- Grow sustainable gardens and farms
- Overcome malnutrition with locally grown food
- Prepare healthy plant-based meals
- Encourage thriving families
Priority 2: Freedom from Shame
Freedom From Shame: Educates girls and boys in menstrual health and hygiene. Enable girls to continue their education uninterrupted by providing menstrual supplies.
- Promote menstrual hygiene
- Enable girls to stay in school
- Enhance girl's self-worth
Priority 3: Freedom from Drudgery & Disease
Freedom From Drudgery & Disease: promotes Sanitation in communities by enabling access to clean, safe Water, by constructing family latrines and tippy-taps, and utilizing efficient cookstoves.
- Access to pure water
- Constrct latrines and tippy-taps
- Build efficient cookstoves
Priority 4: Freedom to Share
Freedom to Share: allows individuals and partners to learn, apply, and contextualize the FARM STEW concept of abundant living in local languages and user-friendly materials.
- Train and equip FARM STEW trainers
- Translate the Recipe Curriculum
- Distribute the resources electronically, in print, or through mass media
- Disseminate E-learning course
Priority 5: Freedom to Prosper
Freedom to Prosper: trains in the principles of wise money management to help participants become financially free and start small local Enterprises.
- Teach Biblical money management
- Establish village savings and loans associations and farmers cooperatives
- Encourage local business initiatives